Sunday, April 1, 2012

Maybelline Volum' Express the Falsies Mascara (Waterproof) Review


 This mascara has been out for quite a while, and has gotten a lot of hype. I never picked up until now, just because I was not sure about how it would perform on my lashes. Being in need of a new waterproof mascara, though, I decided to buy the Falsies. $6, Target

It claims to give a "false lash effect" and fill in any gaps along the lashline.


It comes in adorable purple and teal packaging, with the same shaped bottle as most Volum' Express line mascaras.


It has a bendy wand with fiber-y bristles that are spaced fairly far apart.


It is also slightly curved, which I find helps lift the lashes and enhance the curl


I do really enjoy what this mascara does for my lashes. It gives me a lot of volume, length, and curl quickly and easily, and does not clump very much at all within the first two coats. The waterproof formula also stays on pretty much all day, does  not smudge too easily, and holds a curl fabulously.

The photos below are with three coats of mascara:






 Since it is waterproof, I find it a little difficult to remove; a good makeup remover is definitely necessary.
I do really like this mascara, although I'm not sure it fits the "false lashes" claim. But if you want your lashes to have it all, this is the mascara for you.






No comments:

Post a Comment