Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Car-Friendly Makeup Products!



I'm a pretty busy person. With school and homework, I'm often left with little time in the morning before school. All too often I find myself having to throw random products in my makeup bag to apply while I'm in the car. If you don't have to drive yourself to work or school, these are some products that would be helpful in easily getting on some makeup without too much hassle. If you do drive yourself, these products are still great for if you're on the go or in a rush and help you save a lot of time.



Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 hour eyeshadows are a fairly new release to drugstores this season, and they have gotten a lot of hype. They are basically long wearing, cream-gel based eyeshadows. Today I used the shade #25 Bad to the Bronze, which is a metallic, frosty bronze color. It is perfect for putting on in the car because it goes on easily with your fingers (no brush needed) and can somehow create a dimensional eye-look with only one product.

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour eyeshadow--Bad to the Bronze
 I just pat it all over my lid with my finger and blend it up into my crease a little bit. It dries to a smooth finish, and doesn't budge for the whole day, even after 2 hours of sweaty track practice in 85 degree weather and splashing my face with water. It didn't fade much at all either, although it did crease a little bit.  $6, Target

Bad to the Bronze swatch, natural light






Next is the Ecotools Kabuki brush. This brush is very convenient for the application of powder, as it is dense and soft, but small and compact enough that it would easily fit in a makeup bag. 
In a pinch, it could even be used to apply powder bronzer or blush. I got this in a brush set, so I don't think it's available for individual purchase, although the whole set is great quality. I do know that Ecotools makes a retractable kabuki brush which is similar to this one.
$12 for 5 piece brush set, Target



There's nothing special about L'oreal Voluminous mascara that makes it especially travel friendly. However, I appreciate the fact that it builds volume and darkness quickly with only a few coats. This can be important if you're trying to apply mascara in the car--less working with the brush means the lower the likelihood of poking your eye!
$5, Target

Next  is Benefit Posietint and High Beam. Posietint is a poppy pink colored lip and cheek stain. It's multi-use function is perfect for applying makeup in a rush. Just apply a little to cheeks and blend it in, also no brush needed. It also adds a gorgeous pop of long lasting color to lips.  High beam is a pearly highlighter that can be used to highlight highpoints of the face such as the cheekbones, bridge of nose and cupid's bow. It can also be used as an eyeshadow highlight.
Full size: High Beam $26, Posietint $29, Sephora
Benefit Posietint and High Beam


Layered Posietint swatch

High beam blended out

I hope this post was helpful to some of you that you enjoyed it! Please follow our blog and check back soon for new posts! Also, follow us on Twitter! @LipstickClique


No comments:

Post a Comment