Monday, March 19, 2012

Small Collective Haul! 3/19/12

I haven't been buying any makeup since around February 20 when I started Project 10 Pan. Project 10 Pan is basically a challenge in which one refrains from buying makeup or unnecessary beauty products until she has hit pan on or used up 10 items from the start of the challenge. I am still completing Project 10 Pan, and so I can't buy any makeup. However, there are a few sneaky exceptions to the rules of Project 10 Pan--you can buy products that are staples--i.e., foundation, concealer, powder, lip balm, or mascara. Also, you can receive makeup from others. 
And so we come to this haul. I only have two makeup items, so I threw in a few other random things that I thought you guys might enjoy.

First of all, I received the Revlon Colorburst lip gloss in peony from my mom. It's a peachy-pink color with gold shimmer that has been compared to the infamous Nars lip gloss in Orgasm. Along with a few photos, I have my initial thoughts of the product.
Roughly $6-$8, Target.
I apologize for the bad lighting in the following picture:



As you can tell, it has a slightly curved doe-foot applicator and traditional lip gloss wand.


It is reasonably pigmented and gives off pretty nice shine, although the staying power isn't too great.


I wasn't planning on doing a full-blow review on this gloss, but if you would like one, feel free to leave a comment.

Next, after deciding I needed a new lip balm that had SPF in it, I picked up the Maybelline Baby lips lip balm in peach kiss, which is a sheer nude-ish coral shade with a little bit of sheen. It's quite moisturizing.
$3 ish, Walmart


Today, I picked up this Brita water bottle that has a built in filter so that water can be filtered as you drink. I drink a lot of water during the day, but the water fountain water at my school is absolutely disgusting.
$8.88, Meijer (don't you love how I remember the exact price?)


It comes with a filter that lasts for up to 40 gallons or two months, and of course I got some back-up filters for later.
$6.40 ish, Meijer


Finally, I picked up the One Direction CD, Up All Night. If you aren't familiar with One Direction, they are a British-based "boy band" that was put together by Simon Cowell after they competed on the X-Factor. I really enjoy their music, and it doesn't hurt that they're adorable. 
$12.99, Target




2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing these information!! your blog is full of useful info!! keep up the good work!! i am impressed! hehe.come visit my blog and i think we should follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Be sure to follow. :)

      Delete