Sunday, July 29, 2012

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Peachy Scene

I was perusing the makeup section of Target the other day when I stumbled upon the clearance section and found this wonderful lipstick on sale for around $3 I believe. The color in the tube instantly drew me in, so I bought it. 

This shade is a medium pinky coral with some peach tones in it and a slightly frosty sheen. Now, I'm not usually big on frosty lipstick, but the frost on this one isn't too obvious and just gives a nice bit of a glossy look.


The formulation is quite creamy and lightweight; it's almost easy to forget you have lipstick on! However, upon application there is a bit of a sweet, artificial cake scent. Not my favorite, but it doesn't bother me too much and the scent goes away quickly enough.


I do think that this is a lovely color, especially for summertime (it looks great on tan skin!) It reminds me a little of MAC's Costa Chic lipstick, which is a similar shade of shimmery coral. 



As you can see, it applies fairly nicely, although the frost can emphasize lip lines, so I recommend using a moisturizing lip balm underneath it to minimize the look of lines. The staying power is decent as well, although lipstick staying power isn't really an issue for me as I don't mind reapplying once in a while. However, you should get a good three to four hours of wear with one application.


All in all, I really like this lipstick for summer! If it looks like something you might like, I would run out and get it, as it might be on the way to being discontinued!



Hope you all enjoyed this post!



No comments:

Post a Comment