Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Go-to Everyday Summer Makeup Look Products


Since it's summertime, I don't wear makeup every day. But on days when I do feel like wearing makeup, there are several products I reach for that are great for putting together a quick, neutral summery look. 

elf Eyebrow Kit 

In my opinion, defining your eyebrows is a really quick, simple step that can really transform how you look. Brows frame the eyes and the rest of the face, so filling them can help pull everything together. This brow kit has a darker gel and a lighter setting powder which makes it easy to sort of customize the color to whatever color brows you have. The gel also helps keep the brow hairs in place. 



Sonia Kashuk Confidential Concealer 

I picked this concealer up fairly recently, needing a concealer for touch-ups throughout the day. At first, I didn't like it very much, but I found that it works nicely under the eyes and on redness on my face. Liquid concealers are sort of hit-or-miss for me, and this one has pretty nice coverage and doesn't settle into lines. It also comes with a brightening pencil on the other end that can work nicely as an inner-corner highlight in a pinch.


Stila Sun-Gel Gel Bronzant 

I got this product in a set from Stila, and I think it's now discontinued, but there are comparable products from Clarins and a few other brands I believe. I know I have mentioned this in a post before, but I really love it for the summertime! I usually mix my foundation or BB cream with a little dab of this gel to get an all-over sunkissed look.


Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in RSVP

I have loved this cream eyeshadow for a long time, in fact, I use it year round. But, it's especially great in the summer because it's quick and easy to apply and lasts all day. True to it's name, this cream eyeshadow will not crease at all! This glowy pink-champagne shade is also really gorgeous and a perfect summer color.


L'oreal HIP Concentrated Shadow Duo in Shady

I use this shadow duo combined with the Benefit eyshadow above. These two shades are matte and therefore perfect for the crease of the eye! I use a fluffy crease brush to sweep the lighter shade in the crease, and then concentrate the darker shade in the outer corner. These shades are both well pigmented and apply smoothly and blend easily--great quality for a drugstore eyeshadow duo. 





Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Bourbon

The most common problem I have with makeup in the summer is smudging. So I need to have a pretty kick-a** eyeliner, if you will, to stay in place and keep from smudging and smearing everywhere. Although Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes does just as well in the non-smudging department, I feel that the warm, shimmery brown shade of this Urban Decay Pencil is a great summer color. As you can tell, I've worked this one down to almost a stub. 


Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

Another product that MUST be immune to smudges is mascara. If I'm going to be out in the sun or swimming, waterproof mascara is crucial. I have been raving about the Falsies because it gives so much volume and length...and the waterproof version holds a curl and lasts all day. (Check out my full review of the Falsies)



Stila Mango Crush Lip and Cheek Stain

Another product I have raved about in previous posts, this stain gives a gorgeous coral flush to the cheeks. And since it's a stain, the color lasts all day, even through sweat and swimming! It works well on the lips as well, but I find it especially flattering sheered out on the apples of the cheeks. 


Revlon Colorburst Lip gloss in Peony

And finally, for lips, I have been loving this peachy pink shade. It leaves a very high shine finish to the lips that doesn't feel sticky or too tacky. This color really lights up the face, especially with the gold shimmer in the gloss. It's the perfect finishing touch to a summer look, and looks fantastic on bronzed skin.



Thanks for reading! Leave your thoughts or requests for other posts in the comments below!


1 comment:

  1. I used to have Benefit's RSVP and loved it! I would also like to try the ELF eyebrow kit!

    Great post!

    xo, Pareasa
    The F.A.B Journal

    ReplyDelete